Friday, April 25, 2008

crow art: a flock of skull


How delicious is this!?

Blending the chaotic elegance of crows in flight and morphing the photo to show the murder in a skull shaped flight pattern. When I saw this image back in February, it helped cement the concept of my first tattoo. The patterns of their silhouettes. Pure magic!

I stumbled across Skull-a-Day though Keltie's 365 Masks. Keltie was inspired by the artist Noah Scalin and his piece of art a day concept blog. Talk about varied mediums and techniques. This man is a genius!

I visit both sites regularly to see what they come up with next, and am seldom if ever disappointed. I only wish they'd use more crows! ;-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fucking delicious!

(Dante of) The Skullcrows

myspace.com/theskullcrows

Unknown said...

Ahh, the wonders of the single best bird in my opinion. Man, I love crows...